3.1.13

2012 has gone, welcome 2013....

Hello there,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and here's to a happy New Year!!

I would do a post on all the lovely gifts I received for Christmas but the majority of it is in storage until I move into my new flat in a couple of weeks (which is very exciting in itself!). A few things worth mentioning though are:

- A fabulous food processor from my parents, I know this probably doesn't sound that exciting but trust me, to a nearly 30 year old woman who LOVES to cook this was an awesome present.

- I was given two onsies, and they both have hoods, ears and tails. I love how I am the eldest child in my family of cousins etc and yet I am bought the most childish lounge-wear!

- Some lovely earrings from my lovely boyfriend.

- A gorgeous three-wicked candle in a big glass holder which I am looking forward to scenting my new home with.

- Recipe books!!

- Enough chocolate and sweets to last all year.

I can't wait to be in my new place so I can play with all my gifts and experiment in the kitchen.

Currently I have de-camped to my boyfriend's studio apartment so space is at a premium but we're getting on marvellously despite my continued efforts to 'girlify' the bathroom...

I started 2012 in a sad, lonely and frightened place, having not long come out of a six year relationship. When I started blogging I never really thought anyone would be very interested to read my ramblings so I am pleased and grateful for my loyal followers and all the nice comments you leave me.

Last year was very much a year of change for me, most of it positive but there were plenty of ups and downs, and it ended on a very happy note. I made new friends and spent time with old ones, tried new things and forged a career for myself that I love (despite all my moaning about how it takes over my life!), and although I have plenty of regrets I won't let them stop me from moving forwards with my life.

This year I plan to be fitter and healthier (less junk food, more exercise), devote some of my spare time to charitable work, join a local theatre group (I do miss treading the boards!), be a more proactive friend, have a better work/life balance - no more long hours being a habit rather than a necessity, be more creative, and organise at least two trips of a lifetime.

I also plan to blog a lot more and increase my network of friends and accquaintances on here as I enjoy broadening my horizons and finding out about other people.

Here's to 2013!!


(Me in one of the aforementioned onesies)

Lx





Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fab 2012, hope this year is even better! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! That photo is hilarious!! I'm sure this year will be so much better for you than last year!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets, yes I am sure this year will be fabulous! xxx

      Delete
  3. what a lovely onesie =)
    happy new year!
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, why thank you!

      Happy New Year to you too, I like your blog so I will follow you - you'll be my first blogger friend in Turkey! Will you follow me back?

      Thanks, Lx

      Delete
  4. I love it, you look cute :)

    Sounds like you have had a rollercoaster of a year! I hope 2013 just keeps on going up and up for you in terms of work, new relationship and new home.

    Thanks for commenting on and following my blog, I am following you back now :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute outfit- happy new year to you! Love the polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my darling!

    What a lovely little blog you have and I love the onesie :)

    Beautifully hair too!

    Take care, happy 2013! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments always read, responded to and very much appreciated. xx